Backup & Restore
You can backup all the notes saved in Awesome Note to your computer and restore them.
You can choose appropriate way to backup and restore your notes.
Awesome Note provides three ways to backup or restore your notes.
Sync with Google Docs/Evernote, or go through iTunes File Sharing/Wi-Fi web sharing.
- Backup is preferred in the following situations
- If you wish to Backup your notes in computer according to date created.
- If you want to transfer relatively large amount of notes to iPhone/iPad.
- Backup feature has an advantage
- Restore your notes when your Awesome Note goes wrong & loses data.
- Regarding Backup
- Awesome Note provides two Backup methods and you can store your data in computer according to date.
- iTunes File Sharing
- Wi-Fi Backup
If you have made a Backup of your Awesome Note in your computer or in your computer, you can
use the 'Restore' feature in the Awesome Note to restore your notes.
- Backup File
We also suggest you to keep your Backup file in your computer directory. Our Backup file ends with the extension ‘.anb’ and this can be shared or relocated freely. Its sort of a save file of our application. Also you can rename it in any way as you wish. For example, if you make a Backup file, it will be named like below.
- 〮aNote Backup 2011-5-17 11-22-30.anb
- But changing that name into sort of the following will not interrupt your Restore process.
- 〮Jerry Diary.anb
〮Announcement(Harvard University Business School).anb
Now, customize your notes and share it with other Awesome Note users. The more you use Awesome Note creatively, the more it will return you with awesome benefits.
- Backup / Restore Notes with iTunes File Sharing
You can backup & restore your notes using the iTunes File Sharing and save the backup in your computer.
Settings in main screen > iTunes File Sharing > Tap Create a New Backup.
- A backup will be created if you tap ‘Create a New Backup’.
Then connect your iPhone to the computer and launch iTunes.
- Select your iPhone from the Devices section of iTunes.
After selecting, click the Apps tab and click Awesome Note.
- Click ‘Save to’ button of the Documents and now you can save your backup to the computer.
- See iTunes File Sharing
- To restore the backup from your computer to Awesome Note,
- Connect iPhone to your computer and launch iTunes.
- Select your iPhone from the Devices section of iTunes. After selecting, click the Apps tab and click Awesome Note.
- Click the ‘Add’ button of Documents and choose the backup file that you wish to restore.
- Settings in main screen > iTunes File Sharing > Tap the file name of the backup in Restore.
See about iTunes File Sharing
- Backup/Restore over Wi-Fi
You can backup and restore your notes over Wi-Fi.
Settings in main screen > Web Sharing over Wi-Fi > Start Backup/Start Restore